Monday, August 18, 2008

Beauty is Pain???

I may be a simple girl but I still love to pamper myself. I may go days without makeup or live in my sweats and t-shirts as much as possible, but every once in a while I want to feel pretty.

So, today I wake up like any other day and drink my coffee, catch up on emails, talk to the dogs, and throw a load of laundry in the washer. Then, unlike any other day, I colored my hair because the gray was overtaking me. Before I knew it one thing was leading to another. I took a shower, got dressed in my capris and tank top and blew dry my hair. Then I did my eyebrows. Now, normally I would have them waxed. That way the pain is quick. Since I'm trying to save money and I don't have a car during the day anyway, I did the dreaded plucking.

OUCH! One by one I ripped those eyebrows out, sometimes two by two. Either way it hurts like no ones business. After it was all said and done, I was pretty again...almost. I decided I needed make-up. Not just a coat of mascara and lipstick either. I did foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, browliner (because I did just pluck them, I need to show them off), mascara, and lipstick. The works!

I don't know why I went through all the trouble. The only place I went was the local grocery store of the small town I live in. Why do we do this to ourselves??? Is beauty pain? Is it all worth it? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

No comments: